» Flip-Head Action Figures
Pumjetsu
 Posted: Feb 12 2011, 08:24 PM
Quote Post

Master Vile
Group Icon

Group: Veteran
Member No.: 6

The infamous and nostalgariffic Flip-Heads were action figures of the morphed rangers. Each figure had a helmet head and an uncovered head, and they would switch places when you pushed the legs together.

When I was at peak interest in the series, I had to have just about every collectible item sold. But these were probably the most favorite PR items. For a kid that really loved action figures, these were the coolest. Of course, I wanted no part of the Pink and Yellow Rangers, and finally getting the Green Ranger was one of the most exciting times ever. I think I ended up getting either Pink or Yellow, but other than the excluded one, I believe I had all of the original team. But then I got older, and my hobby of destroying my action figures took effect. (I drew on them with Sharpies, dropped them from second story lobbies, buried them in sandboxes, etc.) And now I don't think I have any of them anymore.

What is interesting, is that they have re-introduced the flip-heads for PR Samurai. I'll leave finding a picture to someone more dedicated than I, but I saw a few at Target a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised. They're still extremely awesome toys, and I almost bought one. Except they were out of the Yellow Ranger. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
^
Wildcat
 Posted: Jun 10 2011, 03:34 AM
Quote Post

Goldar
Group Icon

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 64

I remember the original flip-headed figures! I do not quite remember if I bought any, but I do remember I would always beg my parents to get me them. If it was Power Rangers as a kid I HAD to have it! I think I might have had the red ranger figure but sold all my Power Ranger stuff when I left for college. Now I regret it. I guess I'll never know if I had the red flip-head or not.

As for the new Samurai flip-heads I have not seen any. Has anyone seen them?
PMUsers WebsiteMSN
^
Tyrailius
 Posted: Jul 9 2011, 01:29 AM
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

I loved the original flip head figures! Those were the best figures out there. I don't remember exactly where we got them, but I remember Mom bought all of us (Ryu, Tubby, and I) the Green Ranger flip head. I'm glad that is the one she bought us back then because it is probably the most popular one.

I don't think I ever saw any of the other Mighty Morphin flip heads, unfortunately. If I knew someone who had the entire series in flip heads and hadn't opened them, I would definitely consider buying them.

As for the Samurai flip heads, I didn't buy any of them. Mainly because other than being flip heads they didn't have any nostalgia factor for me. I saw that our Target had both the Red and Blue flip heads for Samurai at one time.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
^
Nero's Fury
 Posted: Jul 10 2011, 06:57 PM
Quote Post

Hydro Hog
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 311

I had all but the red ranger flip head figures. How much would all of them be in mint condition I wonder?
PMYahooMSN
^
Javert
 Posted: Jul 10 2011, 09:57 PM
Quote Post

Master Vile
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3

I remember those things. For Christmas one year, my parents got me the whole set of them. I played with them all the time. I loved those things. Eventually, I grew out of Power Rangers (before growing back into it, haha), so we sold them. They were some of my favorite toys when I was younger.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
^
Kokez
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 02:31 PM
Quote Post

Putty
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 476

I really liked the flip heads. Unfortunately, I destroyed them all growing up. I found the green ranger flip-head from the Legacy Collection and picked it up at GameStop for $20 yesterday. A little pricey but nostalgia was worth it!
PM
^
Tyrailius
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 04:59 PM
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

The green ranger (Tommy), red ranger (Jason) and pink ranger (Kimberly) have all been reproduced by Bandai. The original plan was to release all of the rangers as flip-heads once again, but due to Hasbro acquiring the rights to Power Rangers, the rest will likely not be reproduced... at least not by Bandai. Right now, the green, red and pink can each be purchased for around $20 at most GameStops and Targets.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Merchandise | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll